Lets get down to the nitty gritty, juicy details of this post! What you’ll find in this episode of What’s Up Wednesday…
- A couple updates to the blog.
- A new addition to my morning coffee that I’m totally addicted to.
- A quick review of how my 2018 has been so far…the good, the bad and my outlook on it all.
I changed the layout of the blog to make it easier to access blog posts and not have to scroll through entire posts on the home page to get to the next one. Let me know what you think of the new layout in the comments below!
Also, I FINALLY updated the “Pages” on here to include all my Amazon Favorite Products. I’ve had so many people ask for this over the years that I couldn’t put it off any longer. It has a wide range of products from supplements to foods to green cleaning products to books to skin care, hair care, makeup and more. This way my readers know what I consistently use, buy and recommend. There are a few big ticket items like a Vitamix but they are the things that I use pretty much daily! I hope you find something useful on there and be sure check back periodically because I will update it to add new things and take old ones out. You can use the link above to go to it or click on MENU on the top of the page and then Amazon Favorite Products.
On to some tasty stuff! Perfect KETO Vanilla Keto Collagen. I stumbled across this addition for my coffee when perusing Amazon. It has both collagen and MCT powder. Plus it tastes like a vanilla birthday cake. So so good. Here’s a quote about collagen from the info on their page “Benefits of grass-fed collagen protein: Protein is an important part of any diet. Clinical studies have proven collagen strengthens bones, joints and ligaments, improves gut lining and connective tissues, as well as improves your skin health. Regular protein powders can’t do that.” The MCT powder helps keep your blood sugar levels steady, keeps you feeling full, and boosts your mental clarity. Plus it has prebiotic fiber to help feed your healthy gut bacteria. I’m totally addicted to it.
This is my first What’s Up Wednesday for 2018 so I’ll give you a quick rundown of what’s gone on in my household…
January left something to be desired. I broke my tailbone within minutes of the clock striking midnight. Don’t ask how it happened, it’s too embarrassing! Ok fine, I fell right on my butt trying to pop a balloon. It hurt. Bad.
A week later we went out to our summer place to spend the night and check on things only to discover that the furnace quit, the pipes burst and blew off the back of the toilet, totally flooding the bathroom and down into the basement. As well as pipes in the basement that burst. There was more to this bad night but I’ll leave it at that.
Three days later things just kept going downhill…Our chicken coop caught fire from the heat lamp and unfortunately it is now completely gone. We were devastated. The fire department had to come and put the fire out.
My outlook on it all? Things can always be worse. I truly believe that too. Those things and a few others that have happened are minor in comparison to what we have faced previously in our marriage. I will not lose faith that God is with us and protecting us. They say that to bring others to God it takes “being different” in a positive. People should look at you and think “What is so different about them that they are always so happy, so kind and so peaceful?” We should radiate joy, love and peace that comes from God alone, despite our circumstances. It isn’t easy but when we choose to focus on and be thankful for the good things in our life rather than the bad it becomes a part of who we are.
SOO let me tell you about what’s been GOOD in our home!
We took a vacation the first part of February and it was incredible!
- It was 9 days and we took my parents with us. We flew down to Orlando and stayed the night at The Hilton in Cocoa Beach. It was such a relaxing night. My girls swam in the pool, we walked on the beach, ate dinner at the Tiki Bar restaurant (Which btw was SO good! I had pork belly corn tortilla tacos!), and the beds were so comfy! The next day we had breakfast at their other restaurant which also had great food, checked out and took a bus to board our cruise.
- The cruise we took was the Disney Dream Cruise. I can’t recommend this cruise line and ship enough. Especially for people with food allergies or kids. It stops at the Bahamas where we spent part of the day swimming with dolphins. By far my favorite part of the trip!
- Then we went to Disney World and spent three days at the parks. It was an exhausting but absolutely amazing trip.
- The weather was perfect for our whole trip, but here in Michigan we were getting hammered with snow and almost didn’t make it back home with so many cancelled flights. By God’s grace our flight was only delayed 20 minutes. We had to circle a bit to wait to land but we made it home safe and only a half hour later than expected.
That’s pretty much it for this one! Life is good and I pray you all have a very blessed day!