You know what we all need more of? Cookies. Cookies don’t argue politics or call people nasty names. Cookies just make your mouth happy. These cookies are a play on the popular three ingredient peanut butter cookies that have been around awhile. Only now they are more Paleo friendly with a few simple ingredient swaps. Peanut butter is not Paleo because peanuts are actually a legume and not a nut. However, some people tolerate it fine. That is one thing Paleo has taught many of us, to listen to our bodies and do what works for you! But still making sure to eat a nutrient dense diet (with a few treats now and then like these cookies!)
Paleo Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter*
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl beat together all the ingredients, except chocolate chips, until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoon sized balls onto the cookie sheet. The recipe should make 18 cookies but can be made bigger.
- Using a fork, press down slightly to make a checkerboard pattern on the top.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes depending on the size of the cookies. When the edges turn golden brown and the center is mostly set they are done.
*You can easily swap out the sunflower seed butter for regular organic peanut butter, almond butter, or another nut butter. I find that if the batter is too thick, adding an extra egg makes them perfect.