I switched this post to every other week. Things have been crazy busy here and it allows me to really focus on giving you guys great content! No fluff! Since the last post, Halloween happened. My kids aren’t huge candy eaters, but they still love to go trick-or-treating. My solution to all this newly acquired garbage, I mean candy, was to trade them their bag of candy for a high quality chocolate bar. My girls were thrilled and so was I!
Last weekend we hosted my oldest daughters volleyball team for a slumber party! A group of ten year old girls and their teen coaches came over to eat, play, and spend the night. I made a trip to Whole Foods and Trader Joes to buy all the food. It was a make-your-own pizza night! The party wasn’t strict Paleo but I kept it fairly clean and it was all gluten free.
Crazy to think November is here already! Even better that by the time you read this the election will be over and all the horrible mud slinging too. It is utterly painful to listen to the radio and all the ads. Almost all of them highly inappropriate for young children to hear. Even Instagram is flooded with ads about it. I cannot wait for the election to be over!
- Trader Joe’s gluten free frozen pizza crusts. They come in a two pack and have super clean ingredients! At only $3.69 a pack it’s a steal too!
- Muir Glen organic pizza sauce. My personal fave aside from homemade!
- Organic shredded mozzarella, quattro famaggio, and white cheddar cheeses from Trader Joes.
- Nitrate free pepperoni
- Ground pastured pork sausage
- Uncured Bacon
- Natural black olives
- Sautéed organic mushrooms
- Sautéed organic bell peppers
- Diced Pineapple
Snacks and Desserts
- Organic snap peas, grape tomatoes, and baby carrots
- Organic grapes and bananas
- Boulder Canyon Avocado Oil potato chips
- Skinny Pop
- Trader Joes Gluten Free Brownie Mix made with a dairy free, berry cream cheese swirl
- Rice Krispy Treats made with organic rice puffs, marshmallows from Whole Foods, and ghee.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies-this recipe will be on the blog soon!
- Simple Mills Chocolate Muffin Mix
- Trader Joes Gluten Free Pumpkin pancake mix. The girls got to create their own design with this. I put the batter into a squirt bottle and let them have at it on the griddle. Served them with real maple syrup.
- Breakfast sausage links
- Eggs from our chickens, made however they wanted.
- Organic strawberries and blackberries