I’m going to keep this short and sweet. No frills, no ramblings, just a recipe and few ideas for swap-outs. I’ve been doing a lot of writing on Instagram lately so I have a slight writers block at the moment. Enjoy the recipe and let me know if you try it!
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Protein Shake
*The strawberry flavor comes from freeze dried strawberries that you run through a food processor, ninja bullet, coffee grinder, etc. until it’s a powder. I buy the package from Trader Joes. Be forewarned if you don’t use them within a week of opening, it clumps up.
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 scoops (or 1 serving) of chocolate flavored protein powder of choice
- 4 tsp freeze dried strawberry powder
- 1 Tb MCT oil (if you don’t have this you can use coconut butter (manna), or omit
- 1 Tb hemp seeds or hearts (can omit, adds more protein and healthy fats)
- 1 Tb cacao nibs (can use enjoy life chocolate chips, but it will add sugar. Cacao nibs are pure unsweetened chocolate.)
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2-1 Tb honey, maple syrup or a few drops of stevia extract to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- *OPTIONAL: can add one scoop of collagen peptides if desired
- Place all ingredients, except peptides, in a small blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- If using peptides, add at the end and pulse once or twice.