Swaps and Tips
- Not a raspberry fan? Sub in dried fruit or fresh or frozen blueberries!
- If you don’t like coconut oil and you tolerate dairy, you can use melted butter or ghee.
- Baking time varies so much from one oven to the next so check it every 5 minutes once its baked for an hour.
- We toasted a few pieces under the broiler and it was amazing! My girls slathered theirs with butter and let it melt right in.
Chocolate Raspberry Banana Protein Bread
- 3 medium bananas, very ripe
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Tb raw honey (maple syrup will work too!)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2cup + 1Tb cup coconut flour
- 3 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use chocolate Orgain Organic Protein)
- 1/4 cup + 1Tb cocoa powder
- 3 Tb tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (feel free to use any size)
- 1/2 cup rough chopped fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl beat with a hand mixer the bananas and eggs until they start to get creamy and slightly thickened, about 2 minutes on high.
- Add in the honey and coconut milk and beat until incorporated.
- Sift in the remaining ingredients except the chocolate and raspberries. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into the loaf pan and gently smooth out.
- Bake for 1 hour-1 hour and 15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting. Good luck with this though, my husband cut into it hot out of the oven and burned his tongue.
***This can also be made in a blender by adding eggs and bananas and blending till frothy then add remaining ingredients and blend till smooth.
***For muffins: the recipe makes 12 normal size muffins. Bake for 27 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.