Words can’t describe how perfect these are! I remade this recipe 4 times until I hit upon perfection.
They whip up in about 5 minutes and are so easy to make!! The ingredients are also commonly found in any Paleo pantry.
A few notes:
*Measure your flours with a scale. I never used to, but once I started weighing my flour for gluten free baked goods everything came out so much better!
*you can easily swap out chocolate chips for blueberries. That’s how this recipe originated! Or try dried cranberries with some orange zest!
I’ll be making these for Christmas brunch! Along with eggs, bacon and a few other goodies I’m sure. Try them out and enjoy!
RECIPE: Paleo Chocolate Chip Scones
- 220 g (about 2 cups) almond flour
- 45g (about 1/4 c) white rice flour
- 30 g (about 1/4 c) arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminum and corn free is best)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup enjoy life dark chocolate morsels (or add in of choice: blueberries, dried cranberries, chopped nuts, etc.)
- 1/3 cup avocado oil (melted coconut would work as well, but avocado oil lets the other flavors come through)
- 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Organic cane sugar or coconut sugar for dusting the top
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a pie plate with parchment paper.
- Measure the three flours. Whisk together in a medium bowl with salt and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips with flours.
- In a separate bowl whisk together well the remaining ingredients.
- With a rubber spatula stir just to combine the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Pour batter into parchment lined pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 35-38 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Gently lift parchment out of pan and place on cutting board. Slice and devour! Delicious served with coffee.