Coleslaw has really started to grow on me. I think that’s mainly because I now eat mayo that actually has health benefits instead of making me sick. 99% of the mayo’s on the market are so horrible for you. If I don’t make my own then I buy either Primal Kitchens Mayo (avocado oil base) from Thrive Market or SirKensingtons Mayo (sunflower oil base) from Thrive or at many specialty stores now too. Invest in your health, you’re worth it!
This recipe was created for my daughters birthday party and took all of 5 minutes to whip up. It makes a great side dish for a BBQ, potluck, or just burger night with the fam.
So without further adieux I give you a delicious, simple, and healthy coleslaw recipe.
- 2 bags of coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup Paleo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 2 TB raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl whisk mayo, oil, ACV, honey, salt and mustard powder.
- Add in coleslaw, cranberries and sunflower seeds then fold together.
- Refrigerate for at least a half hour to chill and let flavors combine.