Ok so I didn’t reinvent the wheel or anything with this recipe. Tabbouleh is tabbouleh, but this is my go-to recipe I always use. I swapped the traditional couscous for organic white rice. BUT, if you can’t or choose not to eat white rice, then PLEASE don’t jump down my throat (I don’t eat it either!). This recipe was created for a Labor Day party that the majority of people invited don’t eat Paleo. However, many Paleo peeps DO eat rice so if you do, enjoy this recipe! The other possibility is to swap out the rice for cauliflower rice. That makes this strict Paleo.
- 3 cups cooked, organic white rice
- 3 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine rice, parsley, onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over rice and toss to combine. Let marinate for a minimum of one hour for flavored to meld.