When you combine sweet potatoes, grassfed beef, garden fresh spinach and peach salsa then top it with a cashew taco flavored crumble you declare it a winner and blog that baby! Because sharing is caring!
True story: when I pulled this out of the oven my hubs and the kiddos all scrunched up their face and said dinner doesn’t look too good. I didn’t say anything and scooped it onto their plates. Then sat and watched them wolf down almost an entire 9X13 pan in one sitting. It’s good…incredible actually! Hubs kept raving about it and saying make sure you write it down to make it again! So I did and now I’m giving it to you. It’s simple, delicious and can be prepped in the morning and baked at night.
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 smaller ones
- 1 lb grassfed ground beef
- Taco seasoning (use amount of your preference for beef) PLUS 3 tsp for salsa and 2 tsp for cashew topping
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic (2 tsp) minced
- 1 jar Trader Joes brand Peach Salsa (it has a small amount of sugar)
- 3 TB organic tomato paste
- 3 TB water
- 4 cups spinach (if larger pieces, chop up)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 TB nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Cook ground beef with onion until browned and cooked through.
- While beef is cooking, using a food processor blend salsa, tomato paste, water, and 3 tsp taco seasoning until smooth. Set aside in a bowl. Wash processor to blend cashews.
- Blend cashews, nutritional yeast, salt and 2 tsp taco seasoning until fine crumbs. If needed drizzle in a tsp or two of olive oil to bring it together a little.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes. I used a mandolin set for medium size slices. (See pic below for thickness.) You should have enough to make two layers in a 9X13 glass pan.
- Assemble lasagna in pan. Spread half the salsa mixture on bottom of pan. Layer sweet potatoes to fit snugly next to each other. Layer half the spinach then half the ground beef. (See pic below). Spread remaining salsa over ground beef and repeat layers. Then crumble cashew mixture on top.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes feel cooked when a knife is inserted in center.